e-Kalappai Tamil Software ⇒ தமிழை உள்ளீடு செய்வதற்கு ஒரு சிறந்த மென்பொருள்
Free eKalappai Tamil Key-in Software developed by Mr. Muguntharaj Subramanian is available HERE
It is a beta version and updated versions will be available here, as it is available.
(The portable version available HERE includes fixes for Bamini layout.)
It Supports 5 Tamil Keyboards :
1. Tamil99 (TN Govt.)
2. Phonetic ( kadavuL = கடவுள் )
3. Remington Tamil Typewriter
4. Bamini Font layout
5 . Inscript
- Works well in Windows XP, windows vista & Windows 7 platforms 32 & 64 bit OS
- Works well in MS Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, & all Windows applications
- Works well in web based search, e-mail, chat and all web applications
- Customizable short-cuts to toggle between keyboards and between Tamil & English
- No Tamil Font needed. You will get it in Unicode Tamil Set.
- No installation is needed (It is portable and can run in USB drive)
- And it is FREE
- Good and very small application does a great job --> Congrats Mugunth!
How to Use? :
- Download the eKalappai.zip file. [ It is stand alone package (Portable USB version) ]
- No installation is needed.
- Un-zip the files in a folder in your hard disk or USB disk.
- Double click the ekalappai.exe and begin typing.
- Use [F2] key to toggle between Tamil and English.
- You may configure a different key to toggle [ like [F10] or <CTRL>0, or <CTRL>9 ]
- To change the layout of the keyboard, just right click on the eKalappai task bar icon
(right hand side bottom portion of your desktop) -->Settings and select a keyboard.
Full installable version is available at http://code.google.com/p/ekalappai/
Handles keyboards in scim-table format which is used by
scim input method - http://www.scim-im.org
eKalappai uses popular scim-table format for handling the keyboards.
We make use of the existing Tamil scim-tables
from http://scim.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scim/scim-tables/trunk/tables/ta/ .
(Modified Tamil scim-tables for Bamini layout is used in bibleintamil.com)